Want to transform dry and frizzy hair into beautiful glossy curls?
I have an amazing diy hair mask for curly hair that will help you tame unruly curls fast and easy.
Many people think that curly hair is strong and can take anything you throw at it. But if you have curly hair you know how delicate and challenging it can be.
I always loved curly hair so I had a perm for many years.
The problem is that it used to get incredible dry and frizzy.
I discovered that I was using the wrong hair products, but luckily for me, my sister (the hairdresser) pointed me in the right direction.
If you want to take good care of your hair, curly or straight, there are 5 ingredients found in hair care products you must avoid:
Now than I’m older I wear my hair short because I’m losing lots of it.
BTW if you are in the same position and are losing your hair like me, check this homemade shampoo for hair growth. I’m using it myself to make my hair thicker and stronger.
Time for the homemade hair mask for curly hair.
- 1 Diy Avocado Hair Mask for Curly Hair | Moisturize & Define Curls
- 2 How Do You Keep Your Curly Hair Moisturized? 10 Tips For Smoother Hair
- 3 5 Natural Conditioners for Curly Hair To End Frizzy & Dry Hair
Diy Avocado Hair Mask for Curly Hair | Moisturize & Define Curls
Hair masks are really effective for feeding the hair with the nutrients it lacks. The following hair mask is full of goodness because it is made with products you can eat, so if is good for you, sure it is good for your hair too.
What home remedy can I use to moisturize my curly hair? Use a mask made with avocado, honey, egg, olive oil, strawberry and natural yogurt.
Amount you need:
- one cup of natural yogurt high in fats
- 1 egg
- 3 spoons olive oil
- one spoon of honey
- 4 strawberries
- half avocado
How to make it and use it:
- Place all the ingredients together in a container
- Blend until smooth
- Apply over dry hair
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse with plenty of water
- Use it once or twice a week
If you don’t have time to make your own diy hair mask check the all natural Silk 18 Conditioner. This ultra-emollient and nourishing conditioner can be used by all hair types but is especially good to detangle and revitalize dry curly hair.
How Do You Keep Your Curly Hair Moisturized? 10 Tips For Smoother Hair
When my hair was curly I was always looking for ways to make it softer to the touch without loosing curl definition.
My other sister who is the proud owner of a beautiful natural curly mane has taught me some tricks to preserve hydration in curly hair.
- don’t use a towel to dry your hair, use a cotton t-shirt instead
- using a brush to comb your hair is a no no, fingers are always best
- avoid hot tools
- if you must use a hairdryer don’t forget to add a diffuser
- apply hair conditioner and cover with a cap while you shower
- to revive curls mix conditioner with water and apply to the ends
- apply coconut oil before washing your hair (avoid roots)
- apply argan oil on dried hair (ends only)
- use a quality leave-in conditioner
- make one of the homemade conditioners below
This was the best trick I ever learned. Don’t rinse all your conditioner out of your hair. How much you leave behind effects how much frizz shows up later. I personally don’t rinse any of my conditioner out. Instead, standing away from the stream of the shower, I simply fill my cupped hands with water and splash this over my head. That’s it. I find that my hair can never have too much thirst-quenching conditioner – Source.
5 Natural Conditioners for Curly Hair To End Frizzy & Dry Hair
1 – Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want a natural hair conditioner that will leave your hair smooth and shiny mix 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water. Apply all over your hair and scalp and leave for 2 or 3 minutes. Rinse as usual.
2 – Coffee Mask for Curly Hair
This coffee mask is excellent to hydrate dry hair and speed up hair growth.
You will need grounded coffee (4 spoons), coconut oil (2 spoons) and half cup of 100% natural hair conditioner.
- pour the conditioner in a bowl
- add 4 spoons of grounded coffee (make sure it has caffeine)
- add 2 spoons of liquid coconut oil
- mix well
- wash your hair and dry with a microfiber towel
- apply the mask all over your hair massaging the scalp
- make sure your hair is totally covered with the mask
- wrap your hair in cling film and a shower cap on top
- leave 30 minutes and rinse
- use it once or twice a month
*This mask could darken hair if you are blonde.
3 – Leave-in Oatmeal Curly Hair Cream
This curly hair cream is amazing for curl definition.
You can check the video below to see how Lucete prepares the cream. The video is in Spanish but I have translated the steps below the video.
You will need 1/2 cup rough oatmeal, 2 cups water, natural conditioner, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, honey, vitamin e and a container with lid.
1 – Blend 1/2 cup of oatmeal.
2 – Place the oatmeal with 2 cups of water in the stove.
3 – Remove as soon as it starts boiling.
4 – Let it cool till warm.
5 – Strain the boiled oatmeal (you can use a pantyhose).
6 – Squeeze as much liquid as you can.
8 – Lastly add half spoon of vitamin e to preserve it for longer.
9 – Blend all the ingredients together.
10 – Transfer to a container with lid.
11 – Apply with your fingers all over the hair.
12 – Dry your hair as usual.
4 – Homemade Flaxseed Gel
This homemade gel is perfect for curly hair because it gives definition to curls and feeds the hair.
How to make it:
- boil 2 spoons of flaxseed in one cup of water
- once starts boiling simmer for 3 to 5 minutes stirring continuously
- don’t let it dry. The consistency should be thick but still runny
- let it cool and use a stocking or sieve to strain it
- it should have the consistency of a gel
- transfer to a container with lid
- apply all over the hair with the palm of your hands
- it can be used on wet hair as a hair mask (rinsing) or
- over dry hair without rinsing
- keep it in the fridge for 7 days
Optional – Add a spoon of coconut oil to the gel for added moisture.
CURLY HAIR GUIDE:
If you have curly hair and want to find out the best way to take care of it check this curly hair routine.
5 – DIY Hair Mask for Curly Hair
This DIY recipe is great to keep your curly hair hydrated, soft and shiny.
You will need a banana, honey, extra virgin olive oil and half cup of your own sulphate-free conditioner.
- to make it blend all the ingredients and apply over dry hair
- make sure all your hair is covered with this hair mask
- now wrap your hair with cling film
- wrap it again but this time with foil paper
- leave from 30 minutes to one hour
- wash your curly hair as usual
✅ Loving these containers for DIY beauty products
What do you think? What’s your favorite diy hair mask for curly hair?