If you are longing for soft and silky hair check these home remedies for soft hair overnight. These hair masks are made only with natural ingredients that work hard to give you the hair you want and deserve.
So without further ado let’s discover some awesome remedies and tips for silky hair overnight.
This post may contain affiliate links for products I recommend. If you click a link and buy something I may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
- 1 How to Get Soft Hair At Home Naturally
- 1.1 1. DIY Hair Mask With Egg
- 1.2 2. DIY Hair Mask Without Egg
- 1.3 3. Super Silky Hair Mask
- 1.4 4. Softer Hair Instantly With Yogurt
- 1.5 5. Avocado DIY Hair Mask
- 1.6 6. Get Silky Hair With Aloe Vera
- 1.7 7. Shiny Hair DIY Coconut Milk Mask
- 1.8 8. Easy Mayonnaise Hair Mask
- 1.9 9. DIY Strawberry Hair Mask
- 1.10 10. Get A Keratin Blowdry
- 1.11 11. Get Shiny Hair Like Celebrities
- 1.12 12. Hair Polished Procedure for Smooth Hair
- 2 15 Extra Tips For Silky & Shiny Hair
How to Get Soft Hair At Home Naturally
I have been collecting DIY hair recipes from people I know and from the ones I have used all my life in my own hair. My sister is also a hairdresser and she has a few tricks under her sleeve to achieve smoother and silky hair. I want to share them here with you.
Tips for all diy hair remedies
# Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used.
# To make the ingredients work harder and activate heat you need to cover your hair with a shower cap, cling film, foil paper, or a warm towel.
# If the mask has egg, make sure you don’t use hot water as this can make harder to eliminate the egg residue from your hair (not to mention the scrambled egg!). Use cold or lukewarm if you can’t stand cold water.
# You need to blend the bananas properly or you will have trouble getting the bits out of your hair.
# Change the amount of the ingredients used based on the length of your hair (+ or -)
# Leave the masks at least 15 minutes. If you are short of time try 5 minutes only, and if you have the time leave the hair masks to work for 1 or 2 hours.
# If you have oily hair avoid applying oils to the scalp.
# You can apply the masks over dry or wet hair. Try it both ways and see which one gets you better results.
Let’s make these home remedies for soft hair overnight.
1. DIY Hair Mask With Egg
Ingredients you need:
- 2 or 3 egg yolks (add more or less depending on the length of your hair)
- olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- lemon juice (5 drops)
Beat the egg yolks and add the olive oil and the lemon juice. Apply on your hair using your hands. Make sure to cover all the length of the hair and the ends. Leave from 30 minutes to one hour. Wash with tepid water.
The vitamins and fats that egg yolk contains are said to be effective in moisturizing and smoothing dry and damaged hair.
2. DIY Hair Mask Without Egg
Bananas are great to revive dull hair and is the main ingredient for this hair mask.
- 1 or 2 small bananas
- 1 tbsp of honey
Blend the bananas and add the honey. Mix well and apply all over the hair. Let it work for 20 minutes or longer if you have the time. Wash your hair as usual.
3. Super Silky Hair Mask
This is a very simple mask with amazing benefits for dull and rough hair.
You will need a cup of olive oil or coconut oil. Warm the olive oil or coconut oil in the microwave.
Apply the oil with your fingers from the top of your head to the ends. Massage the oil into your hair. Don’t forget to cover your hair to activate heat. Leave for up to one hour and wash with warm water and shampoo.
4. Softer Hair Instantly With Yogurt
Want to get softer hair instantly? Use a hair mask with natural yogurt. Lactic acid, vitamins, fats, and proteins contribute to smooth shiny hair.
Mix the ingredients and apply them over your hair with a massage. Cover your hair and let the mask on from 30 minutes to one hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Avocado DIY Hair Mask
Avocados are full of goodness and are awesome as a natural ingredient in hair and skincare masks.
Use this mask if your hair is lackluster and in need of hydration.
You will need:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 egg yolk
To make this mask blend the banana, avocado, and the egg yolk. Apply it on your hair with a massage making sure it is totally covered. Leave the hair mask to work its magic for 20 minutes or more. Wash your hair as usual with lukewarm water.
6. Get Silky Hair With Aloe Vera
Use this DIY hair mask for a more manageable, softer, and silky hair.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp aloe vera
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg white
This recipe works better with fresh aloe vera from the plant, but you can use shop-bought aloe vera gel.
Extract the gel from the aloe vera plant. Make sure there is enough to cover all your hair. Add one spoon of olive oil and the egg white and blend. Apply it all over the hair and leave it from 20 minutes to one hour. Wash your hair and rinse it off with warm water.
7. Shiny Hair DIY Coconut Milk Mask
An amazing mask to use when you want shiny hair all day.
Get these ingredients:
- 3 to 6 tbsp coconut milk (depending on hair length)
- one tablespoon olive oil
- one tablespoon ground oatmeal
- one teaspoon cornstarch
Combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch.
Boil about 7 tablespoons of water and transfer to a container where you are going to add one teaspoon of cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved.
Transfer to a container and return to the heat for a few seconds until it thickens. The result will be a soft gel-like substance.
Make a bigger amount if your hair is long.
Add it to the rest of the ingredients and blend it well.
Apply it over your hair and cover with foil paper or a shower cap. Leave it up to one hour and remove the mask with warm water. Wash your hair as usual.
8. Easy Mayonnaise Hair Mask
Mayonnaise is not only good in the kitchen, but it also has excellent moisturizing benefits for hair.
Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a cup of mayonnaise. Mix well and apply it with your fingers all over the hair. Cover and leave it from 30 minutes to one hour. Rinse it with warm water.
9. DIY Strawberry Hair Mask
This one is easy to make and with excellent antioxidant benefits.
- 5 strawberries
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- one egg yolk
Blend all the ingredients and apply the mask on your hair. Cover your hair and wait 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
If you are losing your hair and want to make it stronger check this homemade shampoo for hair growth.
10. Get A Keratin Blowdry
Although I’m a fan of natural ingredients and treatments I must admit that the Keratin blow dry gives excellent results. I have a friend that has this treatment every 6 months and the results are always amazing. Her hair looks sooo shiny that I’m envious!
It promotes shine, eliminates frizz and make hair more manageable cutting the time you need to style it.
These are the steps at the salon:
- dry hair
- application of the keratin product from root to tip
- blow dry
If you want to see how this hair treatment is performed watch this video.
11. Get Shiny Hair Like Celebrities
Do you want to know the secret behind the glossy and straight hair of many celebrities? The Magic Sleek treatment.
It is a relatively new hair treatment that is said to be better and safer than the Brazilian Keratin treatment because it does not contain formaldehyde, a harsh chemical classified as a carcinogen.
How it works?
Magic Sleek acts on peptide bonds rather than sulfur bonds. With Magic Sleek, the hair treated with Amino Acids becomes “soft” and “hydrated.”Source
In short, our unique combination of Tannins, Argan oil extracts, and Amino Acids are what set Magic Sleek apart from any other hair straightening system on the market today!
This treatment can be used on all hair types and takes from 3 to 4 hours, so make sure to clear your schedule when you book this salon treatment.
12. Hair Polished Procedure for Smooth Hair
Watch this video to see how this procedure is done and how smooth and shiny the hair looks.
15 Extra Tips For Silky & Shiny Hair
1. Apply almond oil in the palms of your hands and rub it all over the length of your hair, insisting on the ends. Leave it overnight for an intense treatment.
2. Make a mask with 3 egg whites. Beat the egg whites and spread all over the hair. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off with mineral water and two spoons of apple cider vinegar.
3. For a quick way to add shine and volume to your hair mix half cup of your usual conditioner with one spoon of double cream. Apply on your hair and leave for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
4. Mix warm coconut oil and one spoon of lemon juice. Spread it on your hair, making sure the ends are well covered. Cover your hair. Leave 30 minutes and rinse it with warm water.
5. Boil some parsley for 5 minutes. Let it cool and rinse your hair with it.
6. Take care of your hair from the inside out. Eat food rich in proteins and antioxidants. Consume keratin boosting foods. Eat your greens, nuts, and seeds. Vitamin E is especially good for hair health so start munching on almonds, hazelnuts, and peanuts.
7. Rinse your hair with cold water.
8. After you wash and dry your hair rub it with a silk pillowcase or silk headscarf to add shine.
9. Sleep on silk or sateen pillowcases.
10, Use a hair heat protector spray. 11.
Use an anti-frizz hair towel to dry your hair.
12. If you use a hair dryer make sure the last blast is in a cool setting.
14. Protect your hair from wind and UV rays.
15. Add a filter (like this one) to your shower or use mineral water to rinse your hair.
Unfiltered water can also negatively impact hair health. Dr. Fusco explains, “Depending on where you live, water can be “hard” meaning it contains minerals and oxidizers which can leave hair feeling sticky and dry. Calcium, magnesium, silica, and iron can deposit too, leaving a residue that can make your hair dry and your scalp dry and flaky.”Source
What are your favorite home remedies for soft hair overnight?