The texture of this homemade aloe vera face cream is lighter because it doesn’t contain butter or beeswax.
I wanted to make a facial cream that is not heavy on the skin and since I happen to have a few aloe vera plants I decided to make this cream.
I love aloe vera gel because is a good face moisturizer and it helps to regenerate the skin keeping it plumper and smooth. Since it has anti-inflammatory properties many people use it to treat their acne.
It is also a natural healer and is effective in relieving sunburn and reducing rosacea, dark spots and wrinkles.
These are some of the aloe vera skin benefits according to research:
The amino acids also soften hardened skin cells and zinc acts as an astringent to tighten pores. Its moisturizing effects has also been studied in treatment of dry skin associated with occupational exposure where aloe vera gel gloves improved the skin integrity, decreases appearance of fine wrinkle and decreases erythema. It also has anti-acne effect.Source
Are you ready to make a natural face cream with great benefits for the skin?
Let’s do it!
DIY Aloe Vera Face Cream
I wanted this cream to pack a punch so I added a few active ingredients I had at home. You don”t need to add all of them if you don’t have them. Once you have the base cream it can be customized to your taste.
Base cream ingredients :
Active ingredients (optional):
Collagen powder – 1 teaspoon
DMAE – 1 teaspoon (get it here)
Vitamin e – 1 teaspoon
Rosehip oil – 5 drops (buy it here)
Vitamin c serum – 10 drops
Hyaluronic acid serum – 10 drops
Rose essential oil – 10 drops (buy it here)
Cedarwood essential oil – 5 drops (get it here)
Broad spectrum preservative – For the amount you need check the manufacturer’s directions.
How to make it:
1 – Place the aloe vera leaves in warm water for 30 minutes to eliminate the aloin (yellow substance). Alternatively you could use a good aloe vera gel.
2. Extract the gel from the leaves and mix it with the glycerin. Place in a heat resistant container.
3. Mix the oils with the emulsifying wax and place in a heat resistant container.
4. Position both containers in another one with water (hot water bath) and simmer over a low/medium heat until the wax melts.
5. Remove both containers from the heat and slowly pour the aloe vera gel over the oils while continuously blending with a hand mixer.
6. Let it cool and then start adding the active ingredients. Add rosehip oil, vitamin e, collagen powder, dmae powder and blend with the hand mixer.
7. Keep adding the vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, essential oils and the preservative, Blend all the ingredients really well to make sure the preservative is well distributed.
If you are adding any kind of ingredient in powder form, make sure it is dissolved completely or you will end up with little bits on the cream. It happened to me the first time I made it.
Once the cream is ready transfer to an sterilized container. I use 70% alcohol to clean the jars. I made enough cream to overfill a 100 ml jar.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or on medication ask your doctor about the safeness of the ingredients used.
Other great recipes you can make at home:
Make your own lip balm with this easy recipe.
Reduce stretch marks with this homemade cream with calendula infused oil.
Delay aging skin and wrinkles with this homemade anti aging cream.
How to use it:
Apply a small amount over the face and neck and massage the cream from the center to the sides of the face. You can use it morning and/or night.
If you have any questions or comments let me know in the section below.