Home Skin Tightening Remedies (5 Easy DIY Masks Recipes)
These home skin tightening remedies will help you lift sagging skin and firm your face naturally.
I love using these DIY facelift masks especially when I want my skin to look better on a night out.
So, if you are wondering “how can I firm the skin on my face?” you should definitely try these natural face masks.
Why natural face masks are so “in”? Here are 5 reasons:
- easy to make
- quick to prepare
- natural ingredients
- cheaper alternative
- great results (sometimes even instant!)
Keep reading to find out how you make a skin-tightening mask at home.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. It means that if you buy through my link I will receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you.
How To Firm The Face With Home Skin Tightening Remedies
Use these skin-tightening home remedies for the face once or twice a week to get the benefits that come with frequent use.
1. Homemade Facelift Mask With Egg
An inexpensive way to tighten saggy skin is by using egg whites.
Egg whites are one of the most effective home remedies because they contain proteins that can help firm and tone the skin, and they also help to absorb excess oil.
Also effective to firm the neck and hands.
Ingredients you need:
- egg white (from a small egg)
- olive oil or vitamin E oil (5 drops)
- honey (one tablespoon)
How to make it
- beat the egg white until frothy
- add 5 drops of olive oil or vitamin e oil
- finally, add the honey and stir well
How to use it
- make sure your skin is clean and dry
- apply it all over the face and neck
- wait 30 minutes and rinse it off with warm water
You will notice the tightening of your face and neck from the egg white.
TIP – If you have sagging skin use this natural facelift mask every other day. If you want to prevent it, use it 2 or 3 times a week.
- A different version of this mask is to mix one egg white with one teaspoon of sugar and one tablespoon of face cream (cheap or expensive, it doesn’t matter).
- Apply it to the face and neck, preferably with a face brush, and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it with warm water.
Why It Works – Egg white and honey face mask benefits
# Egg white – Is egg white good for wrinkles? The proteins and collagen in the egg white help to tighten the skin, boosting the skin’s elasticity and reducing lines and wrinkles.
# Vitamin E – It is called the “Beauty Vitamin” and is a potent antioxidant with skin healing properties.
# Honey – Antiseptic, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial properties. Perfect for reducing acne, moisturizing, and tightening the skin.
TIP – To lighten your lips and get rid of dead skin make a lip scrub/mask with honey and sugar. Apply on your lips and leave for 5 minutes. Then use it as an exfoliator and gently rub it for a few seconds. Remove with warm water.
RELATED POST: Check out this effective DIY anti-aging cream recipe with natural ingredients and skin-tightening effects.
2. DIY Banana Sagging Skin Mask
How do you make a homemade face mask for wrinkles?
Start by gathering the ingredients below and follow the instructions.
Ingredients you need for one application:
- 1/3 of one banana
- 2 small strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of milk cream
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the mask (optional)
How to Make It
- crush or blend 1/3 of a ripe banana with the strawberries
- make a smooth paste and add the milk cream
- stir well
- add one tablespoon of cornstarch for more consistency
- add more or less cream, depending on the consistency you want
TIP – If there is anything left, apply it to your hands for a few minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Excellent moisturizing benefits for dry hands.
If you are short of time just apply mashed banana onto your skin and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
How to Use It
- apply it over your face and neck for 20 to 30 minutes
- remove using warm water
Why It Works
Bananas are called “Nature’s Botox” for a reason; they help to lift the skin in a natural way.
They are rich in vitamins E, A, B, and potassium. With all their antioxidant power, bananas are really effective in delaying and preventing the aging of the skin.
Strawberries are packed with vitamin C which boosts collagen production and keeps the skin healthy and younger.
Milk cream is rich in lactic acid and great to tighten the pores and soften wrinkles.
TIP – Don’t throw the banana peel. To get smoother skin, gently rub the inside of the banana peel over your face and neck. It also helps to reduce acne and prevent wrinkles.
✅ If you don’t have the time to make your own home skin tightening remedies, check these 3 top finds from Amazon to keep the skin firmer and younger-looking:
- Award-Winning Anti-Aging EGF Serum for Face
- Anti-Aging Rose Quartz Face Roller for Skin Care
- 2 in 1 Facial Face Massager
3. Homemade Facelift Mask with Avocado
Ingredients for one application:
- avocado (1/3)
- honey (one teaspoon)
- egg white (one small egg)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (optional)
How to Make It
- blend or crush the avocado with a fork
- add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well
- add the egg white
- beat with a fork until the ingredients are well incorporated
- add one (or more) tablespoons of cornstarch to thicken the mask
How to Use It
- apply a good amount over the face and neck
- leave the mask to work for about 20 to 30 minutes
- remove with warm water
Why Is Good
# Avocados are rich in vitamin E and fatty acids. Avocado skincare benefits are amazing. These are the benefits:
- moisturize and soften dry skin
- reduce age spots
- regenerate the skin
- diminish wrinkles and lines
- nourish dry hair
# Honey contains vitamins, minerals, and enzymes in small quantities. It is great to fight acne, moisturize the skin, and tighten pores.
# As I said earlier, egg whites are excellent ingredients to tighten the skin.
Use these firming face masks as often as you can to get consistent results.
TIP – Don’t throw your avocado peel. Instead, use it to exfoliate the skin. Gently rub the inside peel of an avocado on the face, neck, and hands for 1 or 2 minutes. Then rinse with tepid water.
# Do you have open pores? Have a look at this homemade pore-tightening face mask recipe to help you minimize open pores.
4. DIY Melon Mask For Tighter Skin
An easy home remedy with great antioxidant properties.
- one or two slices of melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon are good choices)
- half apple
- one or two tablespoons of fine oatmeal
- two tablespoons of honey
Blend the slices of melon with the apple.
Add oatmeal and honey.
Mix the ingredients very well until you get a thick mixture.
How to Use it
Apply over the face and neck with your hands or a brush.
Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
For best results use this face pack twice a week.
TIP: No time to make a melon face mask? If you are short of time apply a few slices of melon to your face for a few minutes.
Why melon is good for the skin?
Melons are a great fruit that has many health benefits.
They are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help keep your skin looking healthy.
Research shows that the antioxidants in melon juice will help to maintain skin elasticity and prevent it from developing fine lines, wrinkles, or sagging skin.
It also helps to get rid of any sun damage you may have and reduce any inflammation on your skin.
Melons also contain vitamin A and C which is essential for creating collagen, which is what keeps your skin looking young and beautiful.
ON THE BLOG STUFF: 50 Homemade Skin Care And Beauty Recipes
5. Aloe Vera Mask For Tighter Skin
Aloe vera has many benefits for the skin, including increasing collagen production, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles, and reducing inflammation.
- a large piece of aloe vera leaf or 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- one tablespoon of honey
- one tablespoon of fine oatmeal
How to make it
To make a DIY aloe vera mask, start by cutting a leaf from an aloe plant and extracting the gel.
If you don’t have a plant it is OK to use aloe vera gel.
Then, mix the gel with one tbsp of honey and one tbsp of oatmeal.
How to use it
Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
You should notice a difference in your skin’s appearance with continued use.
For best results, use this mask once a week.
TIP: Use aloe vera gel as a daily moisturizer and also to soothe sunburned skin. To make aloe vera moisturizer read the post I wrote about making your own aloe vera face cream.
Why it Works
Aloe vera is thought to work because it contains an enzyme called aloin that can break down connective tissue which in turn helps with skin elasticity.
This is because when the aloe interacts with the skin, the enzymes cause a series of reactions that work to tighten the skin and reduce inflammation.
5 EASY Home Skin Tightening Remedies
One of the best ways to keep your skin looking tight and young is to use natural ingredients that have been proven to work.
1. Two of the most effective ingredients are Multani Mitti and Witch Hazel.
- Multani Mitti is a clay that has been used for centuries in India for its ability to cleanse and tighten the skin.
- Witch hazel is an astringent that helps to tone and tighten the skin. When used together, these two ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
2. Another option is to mix a few drops of primrose oil with your regular moisturizer and apply it daily in circular motions as part of your skincare routine.
3. You can also try using jojoba oil, coconut oil, or shea butter as a natural moisturizer.
These ingredients help to improve the elasticity of the skin leaving it soft and supple.
4. One effective method is to massage the skin with a mixture of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
The acidity of the lemon juice helps to break down toxins and stimulate circulation, while the olive oil conditions and moisturizes the skin.
5. Another natural remedy is to apply a DIY coffee scrub made with coffee grounds, olive oil, and one or two tablespoons of honey to the skin.
The caffeine in coffee helps to constrict blood vessels and tighten the skin. For best results, use these techniques 2-3 times per week.
The good news is that by using natural remedies like these, you can delay aging skin without exposing yourself to harsh chemicals.
Other homemade masks you might want to make:
- DIY Bentonite clay mask for hair (detox your hair)
- homemade lavender clay mask (soothe the skin)
- DIY matcha face mask (pigmentation and wrinkles)
- DIY brightening face mask (dull and lifeless skin)
- DIY Japanese rice face mask (skin whitening)
Did you find this post helpful? Please don’t forget to share it with others. Thanks!
What is your favorite home skin tightening remedies? Please share it with us!
do you have any tips that actually WORK for freckles? i have probably tried every product and read every article with little to no results. tips would be greatly appreciated.
There are a few remedies that are said to be useful to reduce freckles but I don’t know how effective they really are. You could try things like lemon juice, cucumber, oats, honey, or potatoes and see if they work for you. Sun exposure can also maximize the appearance of freckles so always use sunscreen. For other ways to remove freckles have a look at these treatments.. Sorry that I can’t be of more help, and thanks for stopping by.
I love all these natural ways for your skin, I didn’t know egg had so much potential. I will start using all masks to see which one is best for my pores and tighten my skin. Again thanks for the tips.
Eggs are very good to nourish and temporarily tighten the skin. I hope you enjoy the recipes. Thanks for stopping by.
Nice presentation. I’ll be trying these masks for sure.
Great! Let me know how it goes.