Want to learn how to organize baby clothes without a closet?
I know most people keep clothes in a closet but how do you organize your baby’s clothes when you don’t have a closet in the nursery?
This is one of the questions one of my friends asked me recently and I must confess I never thought about it. Since I love organizing I got down to work and found some really brilliant solutions that I can’t wait to share with you.
- 1 12 Brilliant Baby Clothes Storage Ideas for Small Spaces
- 1.1 1. Add a Rail Under Shelves
- 1.2 2. Tip For Your Baby Drawer
- 1.3 3. Over the Door Hanging Shoe Organizer
- 1.4 4. Cute Corner Clothes Hanging Rod
- 1.5 5. Hide Clothes Behind Curtains
- 1.6 6. DIY Baby Clothes Rack
- 1.7 7. Hang Clothes Around Nursery
- 1.8 8. Make a DIY Closet From A Bookcase
- 1.9 9. Wooden Baby Clothes Rack
- 1.10 10. Use a Bike & A Clothes Rack
- 1.11 11. Hang Baby Clothes In The Wall
- 1.12 12. Use a Tree Branch to Hang Clothes
- 1.13 Related posts:
12 Brilliant Baby Clothes Storage Ideas for Small Spaces
I have gathered 12 awesome organizing hacks for baby clothes in case you don’t have a wardrobe. Or maybe you want to display your baby’s clothes because they are ridiculously cute? Yes! Why not? Check these 12 DIY solutions for nurseries without closets.
1. Add a Rail Under Shelves
You can use this hack for hanging baby clothes without a closet.
Adding a rail underneath your shelf is a great idea if your baby’s nursery is small or you want to save space. Arranging the clothes by items and color, like in the image, makes easier to find what you need at glance. It also looks tidy and organized. You could also add a few baskets at the bottom to keep shoes or even toys. If you still need more space for your baby’s clothes or accessories make use of the top shelves.
2. Tip For Your Baby Drawer
This a cute idea to organize baby clothes in drawers.
I love this idea! No more guessing where you put that item. Use cute stickers to quickly help you find what is inside each drawer. Having colorful stickers in your baby’s drawer is also fun and will make the delights of your child as he/she grows up and learn to get the items themselves.
I found these decals on Amazon. They are cute and great fun for toddlers and small kids.
3. Over the Door Hanging Shoe Organizer
Another use for your hanging shoe organizer? Baby items, of course!
This is a brilliant idea to keep your small baby items handy. Use an over the door shoe organizer to keep bibs, socks, bodysuits, blankets or anything you think it can go in there. A transparent one will make easier to find what you need. If you like this idea for your baby’s clothes check this over the door organizer from Amazon.
4. Cute Corner Clothes Hanging Rod
This hanging road is really cute for your baby’s room.
Even if you have a closet adding this rod to any corner of the room will give you extra space and will make it look very trendy.
To get this look you could make your own diy hanging rod.
Use some colorful ping-pong balls, make a hole from side to side, and pass a cord through all the balls. Finally, hang it underneath a shelf or on its own. Make sure the cord is strong enough to support the weight of the clothes.
5. Hide Clothes Behind Curtains
Don’t want your baby clothes exposed? Hide them behind a curtain like in the picture.
If your baby’s room doesn’t have a closet but you still want to be able to keep clothes organized but not displayed, this is a great idea. You can transform an open cabinet into storage for clothes. Add a clothes rail and some curtains to conceal what’s inside. Now you only need to hang clothes.
6. DIY Baby Clothes Rack
Bret and Courtney designed and built this vertical DIY baby clothes rack for small spaces.
A great idea in case you don’t want to use a closet or there isn’t enough room for one. With this rack, you can hang baby clothes in cute wooden hangers, fold and keep the tiny clothes inside the baskets, keep baby items on the lower shelf and add decorative elements in the top shelf.
7. Hang Clothes Around Nursery
This pink baby nursery is soooo cute!
You can take inspiration from this nursery if you need to organize baby clothes in a small room. They have come up with clever ideas of hanging baby clothes in a limited space. Let your imagination flow and place hooks around the room where you think it will look best. Finally, place the clothes in stylish hangers or using a cord and pegs. Gorgeous!
8. Make a DIY Closet From A Bookcase
I know this post is about “how to organize baby clothes without a closet” but I thought this idea is a great way to create a DIY baby closet in no time.
Do you have a bookcase that you don’t use or need anymore? Then you can transform it into a closet for your baby in 5 easy steps.
1. Clean the bookcase. You could paint it in a different color if is to plain for your baby’s nursery.
2. Take off some of the shelves if you need more space. You could also add the shelf at the top to have more space for your baby items (like in the image).
3. Add a clothes rod and hang your baby clothes.
4. Arrange the rest of the items in the top shelves
5. Don’t forget to secure the new closet to the wall to prevent it from falling over.
9. Wooden Baby Clothes Rack
This clothing rack seems perfect for a small nursery or kids room.
You can display your little one’s outfits in style with this wooden rack. Use it to hang your favorite baby or toddler items. Perfect for dresses, trousers, and other essentials. You can also make use of the space at the bottom to store shoes or toys. If you don’t have a closet, a clothes rack is a perfect addition to any child’s room.
10. Use a Bike & A Clothes Rack
I love the idea of giving the bike a new role in the kids room.
In my humble opinion, this baby clothes organizer rack deserves the prize for originality. What a great way of recycling a bike! You can recreate this look at home if you have a bike to spare and are good at DIY. It has plenty of space to hang and display all the lovely garments of your child.
11. Hang Baby Clothes In The Wall
Love the idea of the industrial look for your baby’s nursery?
You can easily get this look If you like the idea of hanging your baby’s clothes from the wall. Just run a cord/string from corner to corner, hang it on the wall, and add your kid’s clothes.
12. Use a Tree Branch to Hang Clothes
Add a rustic touch to your baby’s nursery with a wooden branch.
Using a tree branch to hang baby’s clothes is not only original but is also affordable. You can get this look at home by getting a thick stick from the countryside or buying one from the store. Hang two strings from the ceiling and wrap it around the wooden stick to create a cute clothes rack with a rustic touch. It is a simple way to organize and display baby, toddler, or kid’s clothes.
Organization tips and ideas you might like:
- Need help organizing your closet? Get these Closet Organization Hacks if you are short of space.
- Check these Baby Closet Storage Ideas if you have too many clothes and little closet space.
- Does your closet smell bad? Or you simply want it to smell fresh all the time? Then, check these awesome tips and DIY remedies on How To Make Your Closet Smell Good.
- Too many toys? Learn How To Declutter Toys without tears and brilliant toy organization tips and ideas.
✅ Check these baby nursery organizing ideas:
How do you organize baby clothes when you don’t have a closet? Any tips?