Easy DIY Melt and Pour Oatmeal Soap Recipe
Here is a simple, but full-of-goodness, melt-and-pour oatmeal soap recipe.
I have never been a fan of bar soaps until I started making my own.
What a difference it makes!
Making soaps with melt-and-pour is easy and fun.
Once you get the hang of it, you will come up with your own ideas, it can become pretty addictive.
Oatmeal has great properties and benefits for the skin.
Studies found that oatmeal has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is often used in cosmetics to reduce the symptoms of inflammatory skin conditions like atopic dermatitis (eczema), acne, and viral infections.
Its antioxidant action protects the skin from UV light and helps to relieve sunburn. It is also effective to cleanse, moisturize, and exfoliate the skin.
Now that we know the benefits for the skin is time for this oatmeal scrub soap recipe.
Easy DIY Melt and Pour Oatmeal Soap Recipe (Ideal For Beginners)
Ingredients you need to make 3 soaps:
- 60 gr clear glycerin soap base like this one (melt and pour)
- 180 gr white soap base (melt and pour) (check this one)
- milled oatmeal – 1 tablespoon
- oatmeal flakes – 1 tablespoon
- vanilla and chamomile essential oil or other oil of your choice – 30 drops
How to make it
- Start by melting the white soap in the microwave in short intervals (15-20 seconds), stirring in between, and making sure it doesn’t boil.
- Once it is completely melted add one tablespoon of milled oatmeal and the essential oil of your choice; I have used chamomile.
- Stir and pour into the molds.
- Spray alcohol to get rid of bubbles.
- Wait for 5 to 8 minutes before adding the transparent layer.
- Now melt the clear soap base and add one tablespoon of oatmeal flakes and essential oil.
- I have added vanilla essential oil.
- Stir to mix the ingredients and pour on top of the white soap.
- Spray with alcohol.
Pour into the molds and leave to set.
I was able to make three oatmeal soaps using this mold.
Homemade Oatmeal & Honey Soap Recipe
- white soap base – 200 gr (enough for 2 silicone molds)
- ground oatmeal – 2 tablespoons (5 ml each)
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (2.5 ml)
- oatmeal flakes – 1 teaspoon
- vanilla essential oil – 20 drops
The steps are similar to the soap above.
Melt 200 gr of glycerin white base.
Next, add milled oatmeal, honey, and essential oil.
Stir and spray with alcohol.
Pour into the molds, sprinkle a few oatmeal flakes on top, stir, and spray again with alcohol.
Let them dry and un-mold.
This one is made using clear soap, ground oatmeal, honey, and lavender essential oil.
To keep the soaps from sweating wrap them in cling film.
Other easy homemade beauty recipes you might enjoy:
- 50 beauty and skin care recipes you will enjoy making
- an easy lip balm recipe to give moisture to dry lips
- hydrate your skin with these awesome homemade lotion bars
- get super-smooth skin with these homemade sugar scrub recipes
- homemade Melt and Pour lavender soap bar recipe
- DIY massage soap bar recipes with exfoliant action